So here goes nothing..
Note: I am not responsible if this does not work out for you. Certain cases you may have to format your systems ., Please not share your drives to any one .
Note: there is not decrypting tool for cerber3 as of now
How to remove Cerber 3 Ransomware
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover. Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Cerber3 Ransomware and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 2: Double-check for Cerber3 Ransomware’s leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool. Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window). follow the onscreen instructions
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Cerber3 Ransomware. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Cerber3 Ransomware entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Cerber3 Ransomware have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
[Recover .Cerber3 Files Using Decryption Tool - as stated earlier there is no way you can decrypt cerber 3 however you can try the following]
Option 1: Windows Previous Version ToolWindows Vista and Windows 7 have a feature called Previous Versions. However, this tool is only usable if restore point was made prior to Cerber3 Ransomware infection. To use this tool and recover files affected by the virus, please follow these steps:
1. Open My Computer or Windows Explorer.
2. Right-click on the affected files or folders. From the drop-down list, please click on Restore previous versions.
3. New window will open display all backup copy of files and folders you wanted to recover. Choose the appropriate file and click on Open, Copy, or Restore. Restoring selected files overwrites the current encrypted files on the computer.
Option 2: Use ShadowExplorer to restore files encrypted by Cerber3 RansomwareJust like Previous Version tool, ShadowExplorer is taking advantage of shadow copy created by Windows. This tool allows you to retrieve older version of files before it was encrypted by Cerber3 Ransomware.
1. Download ShadowExplorer from the official web site.
2. Install the program with the default settings.
3. The program should run automatically after installation. If not, double-click on ShadowExplorer icon.
4. You can see the drop-down list on top of the console. Please select proper drive and the most recent point-in-time shadow copies of files you wish to restore prior to Cerber3 Ransomware infection.
. Right-click on the Drive, Folder, or File you wish to restore and click Export…
6. Lastly, ShadowExplorer will prompt for location where you want to save the copy of recovered files.
points to remember : Cerber3 can destroy external drive. so please be cautious . this article has been taken from various sources and tested.